DCA Public Relations
Junior Account Executive
Salary up to £18,000
37.5 hour working week.
We’re looking for an ambitious individual interested in building a rewarding career in the PR industry to join our award-winning team.
You will be supporting account managers and directors in one of the leading South West PR and marketing agencies, primarily working with DCA’s exciting range of travel, tourism and destination clients but supporting the team on a varied range of accounts from corporate sector businesses to leading brands.
You’ll learn how to develop and deliver creative and engaging multimedia campaigns, manage successful events and gain maximum PR coverage for businesses by dealing directly with regional and national media outlets.
The role would suit a recently qualified PR, journalism, marketing or communications graduate, or an individual who has previously worked within these sectors who is looking for new challenges in the PR industry.
Previous experience of working for a professional Public Relations agency or media outlet would be beneficial but is not essential, and training will be provided.
Main responsibilities include
– Researching and writing high quality content for use across both traditional and digital media platforms
– Supporting the DCA team and clients with the management of online and social media platforms
– Developing and securing media coverage for feature and story opportunities
– Developing press trip packages, securing journalist visits and liaising with clients, media and partners in the organisation and delivery of these
– Liaising with regional and national media
– Support with client campaign planning, delivery, monitoring and reporting
– Research for existing client projects and new business opportunities
– Support with event management
– Coordinating and booking photography
– Managing office administration
– Collating coverage reports
We’re looking for a highly creative, self-motivated person, able to work under their own initiative, and with a passion for travel and tourism in particular. Digital skills are desirable.
– Educated to degree level or equivalent
– Skilled in the field of public relations, journalism, marketing or communications field – gained either through education, work experience or previous employment
– Skilled in and understanding of all digital platforms including social media
– Excellent writing skills with attention to detail and good use of English language
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team
– Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced office environment
– Be able to travel independently around the South West
– Experience of using WordPress, email marketing platforms and in researching and managing databases
– Experience of using Adobe Creative Suite
– Experience of InDesign
– Video and photography skills
DCA is a long-established marketing, public relations and digital agency with offices in Plymouth and Truro, and working across a diverse client portfolio from destination marketing and food and drink, to professional services, consumer brands and economic development.
Our 10-strong team provides high-level consultancy bringing together extensive agency experience with digital expertise and the insight of former senior journalists.
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is July 16, 2018.