DCA managed a public consultation for its client Sutton Harbour Holdings plc showcasing the company’s plans to create a striking new building for Plymouth on a prime harbourside location.
Organising, managing and delivering successful public consultations, planning exhibitions and community engagement programmes for major new developments is a key strength for DCA’s experienced team and we have been proud to support many of the South West’s most significant planning applications and developments in recent years.
This year, Sutton Harbour Holdings plc outlined its plans to create a landmark new development on the Sugar Quay site in Sutton Harbour, offering 7 to 19 storeys of high quality residential apartments in staggered heights, and a ground floor featuring commercial retail and restaurant units, with an enhanced urban realm to allow the public to enjoy its unrivalled south west-facing position.
DCA worked closely with the project team including planning consultants Turley and architects AWW to organise and manage three public exhibitions in June 2018 to enable local residents and interested parties to view the proposals, and to feedback their views about the scheme, ahead of a planning application being submitted to the local authority.
A webpage showcasing the scheme was also prepared.
SHH plc submitted a planning application in July 2018 and, subject to consents being received, aims to complete the building by 2022.
DCA has previously delivered public consultations, exhibitions and community engagement programmes for clients and projects including:
- The English Cities Fund – Award-winning major regeneration of former dockland in the Millbay area of Plymouth led by the Fund and Muse Developments, including landmark new developments Cargo, Cargo 2 and Quadrant Quay
- The Sherford urban extension near Plymouth, creating a new town in the heart of Devon
- Better Places scheme to rejuvenate Plymouth city centre’s public realm, on behalf of Plymouth City Council
- Eco-Bos – West Carclaze Garden Village project to regenerate former china clay land in Mid-Cornwall, delivering a sustainable new community with new homes, employment and extensive recreation facilities
- Langarth Farm development near Truro including proposals for a Stadium for Cornwall, on behalf of The Inox Group
- Truro Eastern District Centre development and the Nansledan extension to the Cornish coastal town of Newquay on behalf of the Duchy of Cornwall