DCA Public Relations
Salary £20,000 – £25,000 depending on experience
37.5 hour working week.
We’re looking for a creative and highly motivated individual interested in building a rewarding career in the PR industry to join our award-winning team.
You’ll be supporting account managers and directors in one of the leading South West PR and marketing agencies, working with DCA’s varied range of clients from corporate businesses and public sector organisations to leading brands and consumer-facing companies.
You’ll already be a skilled writer able to produce engaging content for use across a variety of print and digital platforms, as well as being able to manage impactful digital marketing campaigns and run social media accounts.
You’ll be experienced in creating and delivering engaging multimedia campaigns, and confident in dealing directly with regional and national media outlets to gain maximum PR coverage for clients.
The role would suit an individual with previous experience of working in the PR, journalism, marketing or communications sectors.
Main responsibilities include
- Researching and writing high quality content for use across both traditional and digital media platforms including blog posts, press releases, features, newsletters, social media posts, adverts and brochures
- Managing social media accounts
- Producing creative online content for digital platforms such as e-cards, videos, graphics and photos
- Supporting on running digital marketing campaigns
- Developing and securing media coverage for feature and story opportunities
- Liaising with regional and national media
- Supporting with client campaign planning, delivery, monitoring and reporting
- Researching for existing client projects and new business opportunities
- Coordinating and booking photography
- Managing office administration
- Collating coverage reports and data processing
We’re looking for a highly creative, self-motivated person able to work under their own initiative. Digital skills are required but further training opportunities are available.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Skilled in the field of public relations, journalism, marketing or communications
- Skilled in and understanding of all social media platforms
- Skilled in and understanding of digital marketing
- Excellent writing skills with good attention to detail and good use of English language
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced office environment
- Be able to travel independently around the South West
- Experience of using WordPress, email marketing platforms and in researching and managing databases
- Experience of using Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience of InDesign
- Video and photography skills
DCA is a long-established marketing, public relations and digital agency headquartered in Plymouth, and working across a diverse client portfolio across the South West, with client accounts varying from destination marketing and food and drink producers to professional services, consumer brands and economic development organisations.
Our team provides high-level consultancy bringing together extensive agency experience with digital expertise and the insight of several former senior journalists.
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is June 28th 2021.